Low Sodium With Dextrose Type
In this dialysate solution sodium is maintained at hypo-osmolal levels in chronic dialysis to reduce interdialytic weight gain and thirst. This is aimed for patients suffering from obesity and /or chronic diabetes.
The composition of the dialysis solution is as follows:
PART I : The acid concentrate (in liquid form) is composed of the following components in each 1000ml:
- NaCl : 165.00g
- KCl: 6.00g
- CaCl2: 8.10g
- MgCl2: 3.70g
- CH3COOH: 9.50g
- Dextrose monohydrate: 40.5g
- H20: Q.S
PART II: The bicarb concentrate part containing
- NaHCO3 : 660.0g
- NaCl: 240.0g
Procedure for use:
- Part I supplied in liquid form in white jerry cans of 10 lts.
- Part II supplied in polythene bags of 900 g each (2 packs are supplied with each can)
- The total contents of part II are dissolved in purified water up to 10lts
- The operator manual of the individual dialysis machine should be followed to obtain the final dialysate options based on a compatible concentrate-pair and standard proportioning ratio to give a final solution by mixing 1:1.83:34 parts of part I:part II: purified water.